Friday

Single Parenting and the Tides of Change

This is a quick post to say how much I
appreciate all of my fellow single parents out there.

Life has been getting in the way of me being online very often lately, and I know that you are all in the same boat. The school year is coming to a close, and so begins the start of a crazy, hectic summer, which is always something to look forward to, and dread just a little bit at the same time.

So, as nutty as life can get, for married and single parents alike, I just want to give a little love to those that are doing it on their own. Because even the healthiest of coparenting relationships still leaves you taking care of your kids solo for a good chunk of the time. And I'm pretty sure that it's safe to say that sometimes this goes for blended families as well. We have Mother's Day and Father's Day, Grandparents Day, Teachers Day, even Professional Assistant Day (or whatever the P.C. version of Secretary's Day is now). So I'm making my own little Single Parents Day for you.

Life is life. Who knows how I got to where I am now, because I certainly know I did not plan it to be like this! But I'm doing it every day, for my kids, and making our sweet little life work for us.

Another post I read today reminded me of this quote I love - "The tide is either coming in, or it's going out". Happy Single Parents Day!! You are awesome.

; )